Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This is Me...

So, I'm, Jan. I live in Millersburg with my husband, Ben, my dane/lab Barney (full name Sir Barnacle Linus), and my fish, Bilbo. I grew up, mostly in Eugene and loved it...or liked it a lot for the most part. I have three nieces and one nephew who I will miss so much during this program. I majored in english at the U of O. I've worked at starbucks, a video rental place, nannied, and in publishing. I LOVE writing (fiction) and my family. In my spare time, I love hiking (the outdoors in general), being crafty (sewing and wire twisting, not witch crafty), and reading. I like a lot of things that I will not bore you with.

So, I'm here at Willamette University so I can get into a classroom with as much confidence and skill that I can. I'm getting my certification in high school and middle school language arts, and middle school social studies. My ideal job would be in a middle school classroom teaching reading/writing and infusing creative writing into the curriculum. I think middle school students have a lot to offer, and I would love the opportunity to learn from them and also, possibly, ease their awkward years when they are somewhere between innocents and...you know... Also, I am glad to have such great people in my cohort. I think y'all will make these next ten months much better than if you were all a bunch of (insert something not so pleasant). 

Pretty much, that's who I am in writing. I'm not great with technology so I am glad to figure some of this stuff out. Until next post, Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Go Ducks :)
    Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself, and welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete